Prevents The Passage Of Electric Charge, Microwaves, And Moisture In Or Out!
EMP Faraday Bags are designed to protect against damaging EMP current, static discharge, microwave transmission, RFID snooping and moisture damage. Protect your sensitive electronics (laptops, cellphones, iPads etc), precious memories (flash drives, floppy disks, tape recordings, etc) homeopathic remedies and medications, passports, credit cards and other devices from damage and spying. Could make all the difference if there is an EMP event or solar flare. Opening can be heat sealed with a hot iron for security reasons or long term storage. Manufacturer recommends that you “nest” items inside multiple layers of protection (double bagging) for best results.
The Small 6x8" bag is perfect for your cell phones, ipods, MP3, thumbdrives, GPS and smaller cameras. Large 16x18” bag is perfect for your laptop, gaming systems, radios and extra accessories.
Features an outstanding 38-pound puncture resistance. The multiple layer construction provides full protection against ESD, EMI/RFI and tribocharging. Because its moisture barrier performance exceeds foil laminates for low Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR), particularly after flexing, whatever you place in the bag and seal properly is going to stay dry also! Does not provide magnetic shielding.
- EMI Shielding (MIL-B-81705-Rev-C): >40 db Between 1 & 10 GHz
- Resistivity-Conductive Metal Layer (ASTM D-257): <2 Ohms/sq.
- Surface Resistivity (both surfaces) (ASTM I-257 @ 12% RH): <10 12 Ohms. sq. in.
- Static Decay (FTMS 101C, Method 4046.1 5000 to 0 Volts): <0.05 Seconds
- Capacitive Probe Test (High Voltage Discharge) - (EIA-std 541/Appendix E-1 KV): <8 Volts
- Charge Generation-nominal (Modified incline plane Avg. nC/sq.in.):Teflon: -0.09 Quartz: +0.10
- Total Thickness: 7.0 mils
- Light Transmission (ASTM D-1003-77) <.01%
- Tensile Strength (ASTM D882-83 Method A) 735 lbs.
- Tear Strength: (D1004-66 - Notched) MD: 5.8 lbs. TD: 7.5 lbs.
- Burst Strength (FTMS 101-C Method 2007 1a) >130 psi
- Puncture Strength (FTMS 101-C Method A) >38 lbs.
- Elongation (ASTM D822-83 Method A) MD: 40% TD: 74%
Meets the military specification MIL-B-81705-Rev-C*
* This specification establishes the requirements for heat-sealable, electrostatic protective, flexible barrier materials used for the military packaging of microcircuits, sensitive semiconductor devices, sensitive resistors, and associated higher assemblies. In addition, the type I materials provide for water vapor-proof protection and attenuation of electromagnetic radiation.